Podcast #19 - Autism as a Symptom - Making the Connection Between Complex Autism and Biotoxins
Jodie A. Dashore PhD, OTD, BCIP, HHP, CCH, RH (AHG) is an internationally recognized practitioner, author, researcher and a pioneering clinical herbalist. She is widely known for her pioneering work in the world of plant-based medicinal approach to Autism, Lyme Disease, Biotoxin Illness and Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) and Camel Milk medicinal protocols.
Dr. Dashore holds a PhD (Integrative Medicine), is a CIRS – Shoemaker Certified practitioner, Board Certified in Integrative Pediatrics, is a Board-Certified and licensed Doctor of Occupational Therapy (Neurology), Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner and, with over 20 years of clinical experience. Dr Dashore is a member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) and has been a Lyme literate clinician for almost over a decade. Dr Dashore is on the Scientific Advisory Boards for Bio-Regulatory Medicine Institute (BRMI), Global Lyme Diagnostics Lab (GDL) and International Forum for Camel Advocacy and Medicine (IFCAM). She has completed eight years of intensive herbal studies under the guidance of renowned Master Herbalists and is a Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild.
Dr. Dashore brings her love of Ayurveda and bio-regionally abundant western herbs to her work as a clinical herbalist. As a master herbalist, she has created her own line of proprietary herbal medicinal formulas used exclusively with her patients. She specializes in all-natural plant-based and individual genetic-based customized treatment options for Autism, Lyme Disease and Mold/Biotoxin Illness. She is the founder and Director of BioNexus Health Clinic, Apothecary and biodynamic herb farm in Marlboro New Jersey and Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The practice is dedicated to scientifically formulated plant-based treatment options, herbal compounded apothecary formulations along with therapeutic Camel milk protocols for patients of all ages.
Dr. Dashore comes from a multicultural background, is well travelled and is able to seamlessly work with families in over 50 countries worldwide utilizing local resources, dietary nuances and honoring cultural traditions. The BioNexus herbal line of proprietary formulations available to practitioners in USA, UK, Europe, and Middle East.
Dr. Dashore is currently pursuing a post-doctoral intensive in Immunology at Harvard Medical School and is the author of the book “The BioNexus Approach to Biotoxin Illness- A step by step guide to sustainable plant-based treatment options”, available late November 2020.
” Nothing really hits home until it hits YOUR home”
Dr. Jodie Dashore
Episode Highlights with Jodie Dashore, PhD
Plant based approach to autism, mold/biotoxin illness, CIRS (Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome), PANS
CIRS (Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome) – better known as Mold/Biotoxin
- Illness. There is a genetic predisposition to this in approximately 25% of the population.
- In the population with HLADR predisposition
- The innate immune system does not present biological toxins to the cellular/adaptive immune system for antibody production and subsequent immunity.
- The innate immune system continues to be stimulated, without the relief of the adaptive immune system. Therefore, CIRS results.
- Biological toxins are both fat and water soluble.
- Mold/Biotoxins can disrupt sex hormones, adaptogens, and multiple systems in the body. This can include unexplained weight gain despite significant efforts for weight loss.
- Autism is sometimes a symptom of biotoxin illness and can be reversed through treating the biotoxin illness
- A practitioner can look for infection, and inflammation in autistic patients, and search for the cause of any found infection (fungal, bacteria, tick-borne, viral, etc.)
- Headaches from MARCoNS – this results in stim-behavior in autism.
- Treating MARCoNS can also drastically reduce symptoms such as bed-wetting
- MARCoNS (Multiple Antibiotic Resistant Coagulase Negative Staphylococci) – like MRSA “on steroids”
- MARCoNS colonizes deep in the sinuses and are able to produce biofilms to hide from immune system, and release exotoxins A & B which cross the BBB. These exotoxins seems to target the hypothalamus. Also triggers cytokines & increased inflammation.
- Critically important to look for MARCoNS in people with exposure to water damaged buildings, or with tick-borne illness
- Can order testing through your provider – deep nasal swab test
- CIRS is a trigger for PANS
- Treatment for MARCoNS – Formula 1 NSB – nasal spray broad spectrum, proprietary herbal spray. Only natural, herbal spray which has been proven to eradicate MARCoNS and the associated biofilm, and any fungal issues within sinuses
- Many children on the spectrum may have been exposed to water damaged buildings, or have underlying tick-borne illness
- Mycoplasma (common co-infection with Lyme) suppress immunity.
- Mycoplasma can suppress IGM, resulting in very high IGG numbers, therefore causing missed diagnoses with lab results
- Chrohn’s / Colitis can also be a symptom of underlying biotoxin illness
- Western Blot has a 42% reactivity result – not reliable. Urine test can be more reliable.
- Several lab tests available for Lyme and mold illness – but the lab results are not the sole determiner. A Lyme or mold literate practitioner should be able to diagnose.
- The BioNexus Approach to Biotoxin Illness – A Step-by-Step Guide to Completely Plant-Based Treatment Options – Dr. Dashore’s book which lays out her entire 7-Step Protocol
- Dr. Dashore uses Camel’s Milk as an alternative to intravenous treatments for autism, PANS, etc. Camel’s milk produces no antibodies – IGG, IGM, IGA, and more.
- Effective for gut regulation. Once the detoxification pathways have been addressed, and toxins have been removed, patients can very slowly build up use of camel’s milk, sometimes beginning with drop-dose.
- Yields amazing results when administered properly.
- Be aware – camel’s milk is extremely potent for patients with biotoxin illness. Drinking this without practitioner support can result in a herx reaction.
- Dr. Dashore uses it as a true medicine.